(KENORA, ON) On Sunday, January 6, 2019 the Kenora OPP received a complaint of damage to several ice shacks on Lake of the Woods.
Police and Forensic Identification Unit (FISU) attended the scene and observed damage to four separate ice shacks within city limits.
Upon further investigation, 18-year-old Austin Holmstrom (pictured left) and 24-year-old Terry Roen (pictured right) of Kenora have been charged with the following offences under the Criminal Code of Canada:
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was a Firearm, Section 94
- Omit to Report Destruction of Firearm/Weapon Section 106 (1)(a)
- Careless Use of a Firearm Section 86 (1)
- Mischief Under $5,000 Section 430 (4)
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm Section 91(1)
They will appear in court on January 31st, 2019 to answer to the charges.