(NORTHERN ONTARIO) – A Colorado low is expected to bring in significant snowfall and winds into Thunder Bay and the region starting tonight.
Below is the watch issued by Environment Canada.
Winter storm warning in effect for:
- Fort Frances – Emo – Rainy River
- Seine River Village – Mine Centre
- Ignace – English River
- Atikokan – Shebandowan – Quetico Park
- Upsala – Raith
- Cloud Bay – Dorion
- Kakabeka Falls – Whitefish Lake – Arrow Lake
- Thunder Bay
- Beardmore – Jellicoe – Macdiarmid
- Gull Bay – Black Sturgeon Lake
- Marathon – Schreiber
- Nipigon – Rossport
- Geraldton – Longlac – Caramat
- Manitouwadge – Hornepayne
- Wawa – Pukaskwa Park
- White River – Dubreuilville
A Major winter storm to affect the region tonight through to Friday.
Snow at times heavy is expected to move into portions of Northern Ontario tonight and persist into Friday.
Total snowfall accumulations of 15 to 30 cm are possible. Strong northeast winds gusting to 60 km/h will develop Thursday night giving reduced visibility in blowing snow.
Conditions should improve Friday morning for regions west of Lake Superior and later in the day for regions farther east.
Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve.
Winter storm warnings are issued when multiple types of severe winter weather are expected to occur together.