(THUNDER BAY, ON) – For the second time today, students are being escorted out of Westgate Collegiate and Vocational Institute due to concerns of a gas leak.
Earlier today the school was evacuated and Thunder Bay Fire Rescue as well as Union Gas were on scene investigating the situation. Word around the school was that there was a dilution tank that was having issues which caused the smell.
Both Union Gas and Thunder Bay Fire Rescue are either already on scene or enroute back to the south-side high school to reassess the stiuation that they gave the “all-clear” to just hours ago.
Students that attend the school are being asked to call it an early day, and to make their way home. Parents of special needs children are being asked to come and pick up their kids early.
We can expect the issue to be sorted out and school should still be on schedule for tomorrow morning, unless the school board makes an announcement saying otherwise, which they have not at this point.
We will be following this situation closely, please check back for updates. Anyone with more information is asked to email it to firstname.lastname@example.org