(THUNDER BAY, ON) – On the 20th of December 2018 members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB), Thunder Bay Police Service, Anishinabek Police Service (APS) and the Nishnawbe-Aski Police Service (NAPS) executed a search warrant at a Vickers St. residence in the city of Thunder Bay.
As a result of this warrant police seized 4 loaded handguns and a large amount of ammunition. Also a quantity of illegal drugs including cocaine and fentanyl.
Police located and arrested one male suspect at the scene, 27-year-old Jordon Sutherland, of Brampton, ON.
He was charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking contrary to Section 5(2) of the CDSA x 2 counts.
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm contrary to Section 95(a) of the CC x 4 counts
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm contrary to Section 92(1) of the CC x 4 counts
- Possession of Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose contrary to Section 88 of the CC x 4 counts
- Careless use of Firearm contrary to Section 86(1) of the CC x 4 counts
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5000 contrary to Section 354(1)(a) of the CC
- Possession of Firearm contrary to Prohibition Order contrary to Section 117.01(1) of the CC
- Possession of a Firearm knowing Serial Number has been tampered with contrary to Section 108(1)(b) of the CC
Sutherland is in custody awaiting a show cause/bail hearing at the Thunder Bay Ontario Court of Justice.