(THUNDER BAY, ON) – A sad story developed in one of the most vulnerable neighbourhoods our city has.
Sources in the area tell us that a mother in the 100-block of Pruden was smoking down today and finally did too much, throwing her into an overdose.
Her son noticed she was unresponsive and narcanned her. The mother didn’t revive so a 911 call was made.
The Narcan managed to bring the 40-something-year-old woman back to consciousness after some idle time while waiting on paramedics to arrive.
Superior North EMS paramedics took the woman to the emergency department of the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre where she will be monitored for sometime before being discharged.
Narcan is available at no cost from most pharmacies, Ask your pharmacist about how you can get a free kit. Better yet, reach out to the Thunder Bay Counselling Centre about how you can sober up. Their phone number is 807-684-1880.