Man and Dog Die from Machar Ave Fire

SELECT HOW TO SHARE
Advertisement

(THUNDER BAY, ON) – Details are uncertain at this point, but it appears smoke inhalation has claimed one life in the Machar Ave fire that happened this weekend.

On Sunday morning at about 3:00 am Thunder Bay Fire & Rescue along with Superior North EMS responded to the scene in the 100 block of Machar Avenue.

Advertisement

When firefighters arrived on the scene they noticed little smoke coming from the building but upon entry of the building noticed a lot of smoke and moderate heat,

The fire is believed to have been started on the main floor couch. Two people were taken from the top floor in an unconscious state and one was pronounced dead later on.

The scene of the home is still being held and is under investigation.

Advertisement

The cause of the fire is not yet confirmed but should be known soon.

SELECT HOW TO SHARE