Historical Sexual Assault on Children Charges to be Withdrawn

SELECT HOW TO SHARE
Advertisement

(THUNDER BAY, ON) – Earlier this week, the Thunder Bay Police Service announced that they had laid charges stemming from numerous sexual assaults on mainly children that were boys.

Their media release is available here:

Advertisement

Members of the Thunder Bay Police Service’s Major Crimes Unit began an investigation in November 2019 into an alleged historical sexual assault that took place in 1978. The initial investigation led to several other victims coming forward.

As a result the Thunder Bay Police Service’s Community Response Team located and arrested Stephen Alan David YOUNG, 68, of Thunder Bay, on Wednesday, Dec. 18.

Stephen Alan David YOUNG has been charged with:

  • Sexual Assault x 6.
  • Sexual Interference.
  • Sexual Exploitation.
  • Indecent Assault.
  • Threats.
  • Assault.

Victims connected to the allegations were boys between the ages of eight and 19 years old at the time of the incidents.

Victims were assaulted at the residence of the accused while YOUNG was in a position of authority over the youths. The investigation is ongoing as more potential witnesses and victims come forward.

YOUNG was released with conditions and a future court date of Feb. 14, 2020, at 9 a.m. at the Thunder Bay Courthouse.

Source: TBPS

Family members of Young have reached out to us and told us that he has passed away after a gunshot wound to his head had him on life-support. They pulled the plug on him the next morning. Our article below, dated December 19th, 2019 was the incident in which the gunshot took place. It is believed no one else but Young was involved in the injury. His charges are expected to be withdrawn by the Crown during the next court appearance as it is a difficult task to pursue charges on a deceased person.

(THUNDER BAY, ON) – A northside police presence is currently unfolding with interesting reports made by a resident in the area.

We have been told that what heard like a gunshot rang through the neighbourhood and moments later first responders including Superior North EMS and the Thunder Bay Police Service arrived on location.

Advertisement

A neighbour tells us that they saw someone being taken into an ambulance with what looked like a serious head injury not long after what they say sounded like a gunshot.

At least two Thunder Bay Police Service cruisers are still at the scene.

One man was rushed to the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre and their current condition is unknown at this time.

SELECT HOW TO SHARE

6 Replies to “Historical Sexual Assault on Children Charges to be Withdrawn”

  1. Such a sad tragic story for everyone involved. I am in no way supporting predators but I think that in any sexual assaults the names of everyone involved should be confidential until actual conviction has taken place. It used to be you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Once a person has their reputation ruined , it never is the same. We will never know the truth in this case.

    1. I totally agree with you.
      In our area many years ago, a school bus driver was accused of a sex offence against some children on his bus.
      His name was plastered all over in the media.
      He was found innocent when the children admitted they made up their story.
      However, some people still considered him as a sex offender.

  2. Unfortunately the victims will not receive justice or closure because Young took his own life and cannot be in court to face the charges against him.

Comments are closed.