FIRE: Vehicle Torched in North Side Parkade Blaze

SELECT HOW TO SHARE
Advertisement

(THUNDER BAY, ON) – Sometime around 7:40 am a fire broke out in a northside parkade.

Firefighters with the Thunder Bay Fire & Rescue responded to the Algoma and Red River Road incident to find a vehicle engulfed in flames and smoke billowing in a parkade.

Advertisement

Staff of the building was asked to leave the building as fire crews worked hard to put out the fire.

The fire was put out in a timely fashion, thanks to our firefighters which city council is thinking of downsizing. Substantial damage was sustained by the vehicle, leaving it a likely write-off.

It’s not certain as of yet, but preliminary investigations are indicating that the vehicle fire may have been started due to a faulty block heater or other electrical issues with the vehicle. Arson is not yet suspected.

Advertisement

This is a developing story and we will follow up with more information as it becomes available.

SELECT HOW TO SHARE

2 Replies to “FIRE: Vehicle Torched in North Side Parkade Blaze”

  1. I doubt that it was block heater related since it wouldn’t have been plugged in inside the parkade.
    There have been vehicle fires (in some newer vehicles) started by brake fluid from the power brake unit leaking into the electrical system and self igniting.

  2. While looking at parade photos, I fail to see outlets for cars to plug into. I’m no auto mechanic but I think for a fault in a block warmer to occur, it needs electrical current. Just sayin’

Comments are closed.