(THUNDER BAY, ON) – Below is the announcement made by the Catholic School Board below.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Our Board has been informed that on Tuesday, November 26, 2019, OSSTF, the union representing our Designated Early Childhood Educators, our Student Support Persons and our Attendance Counsellors will begin job action. Students Support Persons, Designated Early Childhood Educators and Attendance Counsellors have served notice in accordance with: s. 34 (3) of the School Boards’ Collective Bargaining Act, of a strike in respect to central bargaining.
OSSTF members in all bargaining units will be participating in the following sanctions:
Information picket lines are expected periodically at our sites. Picket lines are not expected to inhibit the passage of people and vehicles onto our Board properties. Participation in sanctions will generate a withdrawal of services within schools during school hours.
Limited withdrawal of services include:
• Participate in EQAO preparation or testing;
• Complete Ministry of Education Reports —Data will be shared with the Board but reports will not be completed or submitted;
• Participate in Board PA (Ministry or Board topics), other than participating in self-directed Professional Activity. PA days organized by OSSTF/FEESO may continue as usual;
• Participate in unpaid staff meetings outside the scheduled school day;
• Provide comments on any secondary provincial report cards;
• Perform the work of another bargaining unit, even if directed by administration.
Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board understands and respects the right to strike. The Board is committed to providing the very best instruction to our students throughout the bargaining process. Our priority continues to be the safety and well-being of everyone in our schools while maintaining caring learning environments for all students and staff.
Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board