(TIMMINS, ON) – The Timmins Police Service has charged 3 local persons with drug-related offences stemming from the execution of search warrants at 3 separate Timmins residences yesterday.
The execution of these search warrants marks the culmination of an intensive investigation undertaken by the Timmins Police Service – Drug Enforcement Section.
A residence on Ottolen Street in Porcupine, a Jay street mobile home, and a Belanger Street residence were the focal points of this investigation.
Working in collaboration with the OPP’s Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau, the Timmins Police Service – Drug Enforcement Section officers executed the warrants in a coordinated fashion and seized the following exhibits that will be tendered as evidence at trial:
- 755 grams of cocaine
- 830 methamphetamine tablets
- 27 hydromorphone tablets
- 41 oxycontin tablets
- approximately $10,000 in Canadian currency
- a Chrysler PT Cruiser (proceeds of crime)
The street value of the controlled substances seized in pegged at approximately $80,000.
Based on the outcome of the investigation, Garfield BUTT, 43, April MACFARLANE, 41, and Patricia DESORMEAUX, 44 all of Timmins, have been charged respectively with:
- 2 counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purposes of Trafficking contrary to the Controlled Drug and Substances Act
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime contrary to the Criminal code of Canada
The accused persons were arrested and eventually released from police custody but must attend Provincial Court in Timmins on November 12th to answer to the charge laid against them.
Source: Timmins Police Service