(THUNDER BAY, ON) – Sometime on Saturday, a woman was reportedly assaulted with some hot soup. Officers with the Thunder Bay Police Service have made an arrest and held the suspect to appear in court this morning.
30-year-old Jesse Hardy appeared in court this morning via video link while in custody at the Thunder Bay Police Service station (A.K.A. “Hotel Balmoral”). His Worship, Regional Senior Justice of the Peace Bernard Caron was presiding along with Crown Attorney Gordon Fillmore and a duty counsel representative.
Hardy is facing a single charge of assault with a weapon (hot soup).
After some discussion in court, Hardy is released on the following conditions:
- $300 non-deposit, no surety.
- Reside in the 300 block of Amelia Street East.
- No contact with the alleged victim.
- Not be within 100 meters of the alleged victim or anywhere they work/live.
- Not to possess any weapons.
Hardy was ordered released from police custody and has a future court date set for November 7th, 2019.