(MARATHON, ON) – A violent home invasion perpetrated by a 17-year-old youth who cannot be named as per the Youth Criminal Justice Act has found themselves behind bars once again. The youth was arrested on September 6th, 2019 and was found to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
He appeared by video in a Thunder Bay courtroom from the Marathon Ontario Provincial Police detachment this morning. Justice of the Peace Marcel Donio, Crown Attorney Derrick Silvestro, Duty Counsel lawyer Robert Habjan and Michael “The Pit Bull” Hargadon’s assistant Blanco were present.
The youth is facing the following criminal offences stemming from September 6th, 2019:
- Breaching bail conditions (not to consume or possess unlawful drugs or alcohol).
- Breaching bail conditions (curfew 9pm to 7am).
- Breaching probation order (Keep the peace and be of good behaviour).
- Breaching probation order (Not to consume or possess unlawful drugs or alcohol).
Less than a month ago, this same youth was before bail court stemming from a violent and ruthless home invasion. He appeared in bail court on August 18th, 2019 for the following charges:
- Assault with a weapon x5.
- Forcible confinement.
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.
- Possession of a weapon for a purpose dangerous to the public.
- Failure to comply with bail conditions.
- Failure to comply with probation orders.
The Crown states that the accused youth was already out on a strong surety release for what is tantamount to a home invasion. Further more, he was also released on a serious offence previously. The Crown wants to hold him until a strong bail plan is presented.
Blanco tells the court that he currently does not have a strong bail plan crafted and puts in a request for the matter to be scheduled before the courts on September 17th. His worship, Justice of the Peace Donio grants the request and orders the youth to remain in custody until at least September 17th.