(THUNDER BAY, ON) – On October 15, 2019, at approximately 5:00 p.m., officers from the Thunder Bay Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a report of an incident involving a firearm in Ware Township.
Officers attended the scene and observed that a firearm has been discharged at a residence. There were no injuries sustained by the occupants of the residence.
Officers from Thunder Bay OPP, the OPP Forensic Identification Services (FIS) and from the Thunder Bay OPP Crime Unit conducted an investigation into this incident.
As a result of the investigation, Jordan COUCH, 35 years of age from Fowler Township was arrested and charged with the following offences contrary to the Criminal Code (CC):
- Careless Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition section 86(1) CC,
- Careless Use of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition section 86(1) CC,
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose section 88 CC,
- Discharge a Firearm into or at a Place in a Reckless Manner 244.2(1)(a) CC,
- Mischief Endangering Life 430(2) CC.
The accused was held in custody pending a video court appearance and has been remanded to the Thunder Bay District Jail.