Murder Charge Dropped to Manslaughter, Suspect Walks

(THUNDER BAY, ON) – Less than 8 months after being charged with the murder and robbery of Andrew Ayre, David Gregorovich has been released from jail.

Today the charge of murder was withdrawn and a charge of manslaughter was laid. Gregorovich was then released on bail.


Gregorvich was released on a $10,000 recognizance bail plan without deposit but with a surety. His conditions are:

  • Reside in the 700 block of Mountain Road on Fort William First Nation.
  • Curfew of 9:00 pm to 7:00 am unless with his surety.
  • Present himself at the door within 5 minutes of police requesting a compliance check.
  • Not to be within 25 meters of anywhere that the principle purpose of which is the dispensing of alcoholic beverages.
  • Not to possess or consume alcohol or other intoxicating substances unless with a medical prescription.
  • Not to contact 9 people, including co-accused.
  • Not to possess any firearms or other weapons.

Gregorvich is released from jail and is scheduled to return to court on January 10th, 2019 to continue answering to the charge before him.

HISTORY Article dated April 29th, 2019.


(THUNDER BAY, ON) – 52-year-old Andrew Ayre passed away today at the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre after being in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) since he was discovered unresponsive on Thursday April 25th, 2019.

The events that we pieced together after numerous interviews and our own mini-investigation revealed that Ayre was at Victoriaville Mall earlier to engage in some rehabilitation regarding his shoulder.

After his shoulder rehabilitation session was over, it has been said that he stopped in at Newfies Pub to have a drink or two. He pulled out his wallet to pay for his drink and it is possible that someone may have seen a significant amount of cash.

It was at this point that Ayre is said to have left Newfie’s and started to head towards Simpson Street via Victoria Ave. Little did he know that a group of people were stalking him.


Once Ayre got near the intersection of Victoria and North, an argument ensued and Ayre was badly beaten. We have been told that what appears to be a woman struck Ayre the final time, as he was on the ground. As he lay defenceless and unresponsive, the scumbags that attacked him then ransacked his wallet, smokes and cell phone.

Our sources indicate that Ayre did not know the people who attacked him. The money from his wallet was gone and it is uncertain if his cell phone was recovered yet.

We will continue our investigation and keep you updated as we find out more.


HISTORY Article dated May 1st, 2019.

(THUNDER BAY, ON) – The Thunder Bay Police Service has identified a second suspect connected to the homicide of 52-year-old Andrew AYRE.

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Jason RAVEN, 23, of Thunder Bay, for charges of Second-Degree Murder and Robbery.

The investigation began on Thursday, April 25 after an injured male was located at the corner of Victoria Avenue and North Street. Paramedics were originally dispatched to the scene at about 4 p.m. and found the man on the sidewalk in distress.


The man was transported to the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre for further treatment. On Monday, April 29, AYRE succumbed to his injuries.

That same day, at about 11:30 p.m., police arrested David Vernon GREGOROVICH, 32, of Thunder Bay without incident.

GREGOROVICH appeared in court and was formally charged with Second-Degree Murder and Robbery before being remanded into custody with a future appearance date.

Do not confront or approach RAVEN.


If you have information that could assist investigators locate RAVEN, please call police at 9-1-1 or 684-1200. You can also contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, online at

Is that a gun next to him?

HISTORY Article dated May 1st, 2019.

(THUNDER BAY, ON) – Within hours of the Thunder Bay Police Service notifying the public about wanted alleged murderer Jason Raven, he has been arrested.


Raven was found and arrested in the area of Victoriaville Mall near Renco’s after 1:30pm today.

Posted by Pino Demasi on Wednesday, May 1, 2019

The manhunt for Raven is now over and he is expected to appear in bail court tomorrow. He will not be granted bail tomorrow as a Justice of the Peace cannot handle murder charges.

Raven will be held in custody and appear at a later date before a Superior Court Justice. His charges will likely match David Gregorovich’s as murder and robbery.

Raven is alleged to be one of the people that brutally beat and killed 52-year-old Andrew Ayre near the intersection of Victoria and North. Ayre was brought to hospital but succumbed to his injuries days later.

Police are still investigating this situation and anyone with information are asked to contact them at 807-684-1200. Good work TBPS.

HISTORY Article dated April 30th, 2019.

(THUNDER BAY, ON) – Appearing in courtroom 104 this morning is 32-year-old David Gregorovich.

He is being charged with the second degree murder of Andrew Ayre. He is also facing a charge of Robbery.

Andrew Ayre was brutally beaten and left for dead near the intersection of Victoria and North on Thursday April 25th, 2019.

His Worship Bernard Caron is present along with Crown Attorney Tamara Fairchild and Gregorovich’s lawyer of choice is Tyler Woods, who is also present.

Gregorovich is being sent to the Thunder Bay district jail as a Justice of the Peace cannot handle the matter of murder.

Details are thin at this point, but the summary is that Andrew was attending a rehabilitation session in Victoriaville Mall regarding an injury to his shoulder. After his session, he attended Newfie’s and had a drink or two. It is believed that while paying for his drink, someone noticed he had some money in his wallet.

Andrew left Newfie’s and was headed down Victoria Ave towards Simpson Street. He was being followed by a group of people. Near the corner of Victoria and North, the group engaged in an altercation with Andrew, resulting in Andrew being brutally beaten.

His money, cell phone and smokes were removed from him. Andrew was picked up by ambulance and taken to the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre where he was in the intensive care unit. He later died on April 29th, 2019 from his injuries.

The investigation is continuing.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.