(FORT HOPE, ON) – A woman is facing a list of charges after a July 11th incident in the northern community of Fort Hope First Nation.
26-year-old Delilah Yellowhead appeared in a Thunder Bay bail court this morning via telephone from the Nishnawbe-Aski Police Service detachment in Fort Hope First Nation. Justice of the Peace Jennifer Neill, Crown Attorney Pasloski and duty counsel were present during the appearance.
Yellowhead is facing the following criminal charges:
- Assault with a weapon x2 (10 pound dumbell).
- Breaching bail conditions (no weapons).
- Breaching bail conditions (no alcohol or substances banned under the CDSA).
Yellowhead is also dealing with existing charges already working their way through the justice system. Those charges are:
- Assault with a weapon (knife).
- Mischief causing damage under $5000 (a window).
The accused, Delilah Yellowhead, is denied bail today and is being held in jail until her court appearance tomorrow. She will have another chance to get released tomorrow.